Saturday, October 27, 2007

Taking a new direction

Okay, when is started this, i was sure i could just blog about my MS and have plenty to say.
But the truth of the matter is that most days, I don't thinka bout my MS. oh, sure , my ears perk up when I hear someone talking about multiple sclerosis to see if maybe they're saying soemthing I don't know, but the reality is, that rarely happens.
Today, I thought about it once when I grabbed the side of the porch to help ease my way down the steps and once when the local news had a questions from a viewer about whether a person with MS should get a flu shot....ummm...let me think about that for a second. Yup, get a flu shot. Already on my list of things to do. Don't want to....they usually make my arm hurt for a couple days, but I have a disease of the immune system that gets worse when my immune system has to work. It really does seem like a no-brainer.
But I suppose not everyone takes the time to understand what makes their MS worse and how to avoid relapses. Mostly, I'm just so damn thrilled that I don't have progressive MS that I try to ignore that I have it at all.
If I can ignore it, it will ignore me, right?
Well, can't blame a girl for trying.
Actually, I know that I am in the midst of a minor relapse right now. No new symptoms, just the old ones getting worse. My best friend noticed it the other day. I thought I was hiding it pretty well. Shows what I know.
I have, however, decided that I am done letting the MS rule my life. I'm going back to work, preferably full time in a real job, not just freelancing. Don't get me wrong, I love freelancing, but I have found that when I have to crank out web articles for a living, I have no desire at the end of the day to write for pleasure and I can't become a world famous author if I don't write the darn book.
Sure, I have it all written in my head, but we really wouldn't want people trying to read that, would we?
So wish me luck in my journeys back to the world of real life employment and look for me at a newspaper near you. I'll be the girl hobbling after the story.

No comments: