Friday, June 22, 2007

Whacked out day....


I'll get back to my journey to finding out that I had multiple sclerosis later. Now, I want to share some words of advice on things not to do when you have MS, 'cause I did them today and boy do I feel dumb.

It's a bad idea to be hot when you have MS. A friend at myLot.com says its like when your wirings shot anyway, making the wires too hot lets them short out...today I feel like he's right.

My hubby's a photographer and needs to shoot today, so I went with him. Unofficially, I am his cheering section and sometimes extra stuff carrying helper. Usually, I just watch. But today it was 94 degrees out and I went anyway. That was dumb move #1.

Dumb move #2 was going to lunch at a new restaurant. We went to this place in Marion called Burgers & Cream...they have real, old-fashioned custard ice cream and handmade burgers.

Now, I know better than to eat all those heavy fats and sugar, but it tasted good...for about five minutes, then I just wished I had a salad.

So the lesson today is no sticky, fatty,greasy foods when you have to be out in the heat. It leads to icky evenings.

3 comments:

Kenny Scott said...

It's tricky though 'cause you want to live life "normally" as much as possible. Where to draw the line is the hard part.

Cin said...

That's it exactly. I don't want to feel or act sick and I don't want to give up sunshine because the sun is too hot.

Kenny Scott said...

Come live in Scotland then. It's always cold here :)