Thursday, July 19, 2007

The Weather Man was right...

So I ahd to go to the store today and I had an appointment with my counselor so, I was out in the hottest part of the day...and the weather man was right. It was downright miserable.
My car was scorching hot when I got back in it after a 45 minute counseling session and I was miserable. I think the heat index pushed the temperature well above 100 degrees today and the severe storms are supposed to start any minute.
And, like any good MS patient, the heat nearly drained me when I was out in it.
But I confirmed what I ahd been thinking anyway...it's actually the changing of temperatures that really kills me. going from cool to hotter than hell and backa gain was the real killer. Within jsut a few minutes of returning to my icebox of 74 degrees in the air conditioning, I was shivering and wante d alanket.
Wouldn't it be fun if you could be in charge of the research for sure to a disease you suffer from?
I am convinced based on my own experience that changing temperatures make it worse and they say the great majority of MS sufferers are from Northern European descent and have lived in regions relatively far from the equator...so I want a study on the human nervous system tos ee the effects of the four seasons...My new pain-in-the-ass theory is that spring and fall did this to me...
I'm joking of course but I do know that changing temp[s make it worse....I wonder if science knows that too...

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I was reading your blog about the weather. The heat does both me once it gets to about 85, after that I need to stay in. as for the winter months I am freezing all the time. To the point where my fingers get blue. My doc said that was a weird one and never heard of it but now more MSers are getting like that.

Cin said...

That's exactly they way I am....Chilly if it's less than 75 degrees and miserable if it's much hotter than that.